Monday 9 September 2013

a good day


When I got dressed this morning I found it fairly easy to decide what to wear for a change. I also brushed my hair, tied a ribbon in it, put on some eye-liner and a pair of cute earrings. For me this is huge! I’ve been dragging my feet to get to work the last year or so and usually just ended up in jeans and an anorak (9 times out of 10 the same one). I’d almost never brush my hair or bother to look smart unless I knew we had important clients visiting.

Two weeks ago though we had an upheaval in the office and my one co-worker was finally fired (the sleeping on the job, alcoholic, sexist man ugh). Ever since then it feels like a weight has been lifted in the office and both me and my one left over colleague are much happier and relaxed (its amazing how one pessimist can drag at your well-being! I understand now about cutting toxic people out of your life!). Anyway the week after that I started dressing with more intent. It is much easier to do as well now. My wardrobe has been halved and I have a rule of if I don’t wear it I chuck it which has also meant I am wearing a larger selection of my cloths (because I have some pretty stuff I feel I can’t toss, so must wear!).

I have also given a lot of stuff away to friends which had the added bonus of now when I was looking for a white cardigan for the wedding one has already offered to lend me hers. Hmmm that had me thinking, for special occasions it might be better to ask around what’s available among friends before going out and buying something you only get to wear once. Shopping your friends closet’s is a pretty new concept to me but one I find fairly exciting! Of course it’s all about reciprocating, if I borrow cloths I open up my closet to potential lenders as well. I am ok with that.

Friday afternoon I also logged into my Facebook account for the last time. It took a while to copy out all the contact details and photos I wanted to keep (FB actually has a download copy of data function which is so handy!). Then I had to google how to permanently delete your account (since FB hides the button apparently so you can only find it when you do a search --> a clever way of making deletion just tricky enough to deter some people!). And tada! I am now FB free, or at least my profile will disappear in 14 days! Pressing the delete button was hard! I will admit to feeling a bit stressed about it and worried I might miss info and people. After it was done though I now feel relaxed and do not regret the decision or feel the need to log on quickly to cancel the deletion (as mentioned above, FB gives you a 14 day window before deletion actually occurs so you can still change your mind). There is no going back though!

All in all, I feel happier at work, more relaxed in general and look better. Smiles all round :)

No comments:

Post a Comment