Tuesday 10 September 2013

A good evening

My good day continued on into the evening. I did a quick blitz clean when I got home, it’s much easier now to stay on top of house cleaning and after about 30min it was all back to how it should be. Since Id had some good music on in the car on the drive home I was still singing along to all the tunes while doing the housework. I then sprayed a layer of varnish on my wedding shoes (an old pair I’ve updated by coating them in glitter). I picked a whole bunch of lemons off the tree outside. I’m so glad we have that tree, it’s got loads of lemons on it at the moment and no one else in the complex seems to be using them. I then studied a chapter, had dinner (which my boy cooked), baked a quick lemon cake and went back to studying while it was in the oven. At 9.40 I stopped and offered my boy a massage as he’d had a terrible day and I wanted to mellow him out. I often give him a massage in the evening since he suffers from cropped up tension in his lower back and shoulders. Poor thing, he is too invested in his job and finds it hard not to take everything to heart. I love that about him, that he cares so much but it does make him a bit vulnerable. After that I climbed into bed and read for a while before going to sleep.
All in all a good evening. Well balanced between the things I have to do; cleaning and studying, those I want to do; reading and baking, and those for my relationship; a long conversation over dinner and a massage.
It was a busier night than most though, I don’t think every evening will be like this but I did realise that my boy needs a bit more support right now, he’s having a really tough time at work at the moment and is getting worn down. I like that I can give it to him, it doesn’t even involve a lot of effort. Maybe there’s a lesson there as well, even small actions can have large consequences. I can make him feel so much better by just listening for a few minutes.
I am determined though to free up time in my life for the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment