Thursday 24 April 2014

A moment to reflect

Over the Easter holiday my husband and I took a moment to reflect. He is currently quite frustrated at work and needed a moment to put these emotions into perspective in order to decide whether it was a temporary issue and he would push through or whether it was time to consider moving on.

If he chose to move on he wasn’t even sure whether he wanted to stay in the same field. Maybe it’s time for something completely new. I understand his confusion. We are young, well-educated and the world is pretty much our oyster. He could get a job anywhere in the world and doing a vast array of different things. This leaves us with seemingly endless possibilities, a situation that is both daunting and exciting.
I have told him not to be scared if he wants to try something new. There are two of us now. I earn well enough to support us while he is finding his way. We could easily commit to a few years attempting something new and always revert back to what we are currently doing if it all fails. I guess I should add that it’s possible because we are in a situation where we don’t have many debts that need paying off and can stretch a single income if need be. I wanted to make clear to him that he was free to give things a try. Most people never take the plunge because of a fear of failure; I’m saying what the hell give it a go. Worst case you go back to what you know afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment