Tuesday 29 April 2014

Wish list

So we are definitely moving into winter. I spent sometime this weekend packing away my summer gear. Bye-bye beach wear, bikinis and flip flops I’ll see you again in the spring. I also packed away a few very light floaty tops as they are too loose to really go well with a jersey thrown over. Once that was done I pulled out all my winter stuff. My winter work wardrobe is now all long-sleeved shirts.

To be honest I am over a shirt at work. Yes they are formal and work appropriate but there has to be an alternative. I’ve looked online and seen a few tops that would work instead of shirts but am still limited by my no-buy self-imposed rule. This rule is starting to chafe again! I’ve had 9 months to pare down and decide what I wanted from my wardrobe and now that I kinda know I still have to wait. I have 5 long-sleeved shirts which I will wear in various combinations till August. Five doesn’t seem like that many so I am wondering if I can pull it off without becoming so bored of the shirt situation it depresses me. Since they are all shirts they are also very similar besides for the colour so I know I definitely want some more variety in silhouette once I can start buying again.

My wish list is getting longer by the day! Currently on it:

·         Navy Boyfriend blazer (somewhere btw formal and tuxedo style)

·         Navy cotton trousers (straight leg, full length)

·         Warm winter pyjamas (I’ve been keeping an eye out and have yet to see a pair that looks comfortable, is not pink and has no images of Snoopy or hello kitty!)

·         Pewter coloured flat walking shoes (similar to moccasins)

·         Textured pencil skirt, I am considering one in Jeans fabric as it seems more casual, although one in a funky pattern also seems cool, either way this is on hold till next summer

·         Grey cardigan, thick, warm for winter with a small pattern (animal print) or embellished slightly around the neckline

·         Maxi skirt, a jersey fabric, easy to wash, elasticated waist for maximum comfort (reckon this will also have to wait till summer). In Navy, grey or turquoise, possibly with pleats

·         Work tops – no shirts. I would like to try a few looser, less formal tops like blouses and tunics

·         Strand of pearls, long length and interspersed with silver chain

My list includes pictures and details of what exactly I am looking for so I know precisely what I want and can hopefully be less distracted/tempted by other random stuff when I finally do get out to the shops again. With my list growing it is important for me to focus on what is most important and not get carried away. I want to stick with the minimalism and curating a small wardrobe even once I can shop again. I still have 3 months left so I want to focus a bit more on work tops and fill out this area of my wardrobe since I currently find this section the most challenging. Everything else will have to wait, although I will keep an eye out for the blazer as I have a feeling it might be quite difficult to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment