Monday 23 June 2014

Nearing the end

6 weeks of no buy to go! I am quite surprised I actually made it this far. It’s fantastic, the fact that I’m nearly there is also motivating to keep moving ...so close to the end.

I have had time to hone my style and am feeling quietly confident about where I am heading. My style is not quite hammered down but it’s close. My wardrobe has also reached a point where continued purging without buying in new items is not really possible, mostly because items are ill-conceived and vary too much across the colour spectrum at the moment. I can still cut-down but not without losing functionality. If I buy new items that are multi-functional I could continue to pare the numbers down (ie tops that work for home and an office environment, or a tank top that can play as a layering piece instead of a camisole and be worn on its own as well – I could never wear a cami without a cover).
Since it is winter now and I am always cold these are the few items I would like to purchase in August:

·         A pair of skinny jeans that fit snuggly into my knee-high boots (I don’t own a pair of skinnies and just fold-up my straight leg jeans to fit into boots at the moment)

·         2 Thermal tank tops to replace my camis and hopefully be a bit warmer. I want them in extra length so they don’t pull out when tucked into pants (and leave a dreaded cold strip of exposed lower back! Brrrr!). I am thinking marled grey and white.
I have also considered a long sleeved thermal top. I own two at the moment but neither is ideal (1 is transparent so need to layer over it, the other has gotten too short and leaves my lower back exposed which is less than ideal). I will hold off on this until next winter though as I think I can make it through the current season with what I have. After all I don’t want to splurge all of a sudden now that I am free to shop again as that would kind of defeat the purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment