Wednesday 25 June 2014

Summer looks

Exams are done! This has given me some time to day-dream about my look. I’ve been focused mainly on next summer though. Cape Town has a longer summer then winter period so cloths for warmer weather tend to be worn more often. Also my no-buy year ends in the middle of winter and I want to resist a flat-out splurge for a while still so am focussed on spring/summer 2014 which should start around mid October.

Now that I’ve done a colour analysis and found out I am a cool summer I’ve also decided to focus more on my appropriate colours. Shades of blues and rosy pinks suit me. I settled on grey and navy as my neutral tones, since as mentioned before black is not my friend, and will incorporate white, light blue and rosy pink as my main tones.

Then I decided on general style. For summer I wanted a fairly loose float-y look, with materials fitted but not tight on the body. To balance very loose tops I also included a pair of skinny jeans and fitted pants. I worked out the following board, using 18 items of clothing and shoes and a hand full of accessories. I wanted to use pieces that would transition well between work and casual environments. My work environment is mostly air-conditioned and cool so longer sleeves on a few tops is fine. I sometimes also prefer loose longer sleeves when out and about as the sleeves provide some protection from our strong sun. I did make sure that all sleeves can be scrunched up though.


 
I feel like everything on the board works together and in all environments. A possible exemption being the grey T-shirt which might be too casual for work and the navy blazer which I feel is a bit polished for casual.
I also mixed up 6 possible outfits, going from a very formal suit look to casual T and jeans plus some looks that are more playful and in between. I gave one example for each top on the board. Given 5 pants and 6 tops I can create 30 looks without even playing around with the toppers yet!


 
The pink linen pants on my board are from ZARA. The jeans, loose pink and blue tops are from Woolworths. The tailored Navy pants and Jacket from J Crew which we don’t have yet in SA. The rest are a smattering from around the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment