Monday 24 November 2014

A Junk Drawer



A junk drawer, doesn’t everyone have one? Mine is not in the kitchen but rather the top drawer of my bedside cabinet. Even while aspiring to a more minimalist life I have to admit the ease of a Junk drawer. It collects all the odd bits and ends that usually just float around the house and means that at least any mess is restricted to one place. 

Normally my jewellery and hair ties get stashed here but it is also where I empty out my handbag when it gets a bit full and so ends up collecting lots of scraps of paper and other random items.
I decided it was time to tackle this drawer. Sometimes de-cluttering can be a bit overwhelming and it’s a good idea at times like that to limit the amount of area you want to tackle. A single drawer is enough. 

Heres mine pre-clean:

 











 
My husband has a similar drawer in his desk. It is the spot where by mutual agreement I tend to dump all this stuff that seems to float about the flat, ie screws, batteries and till slips. It makes me happier as I don’t have to figure out where to put his stuff away (I just sweep it all into the drawer) and he’s happier since it is easier to find things again after I’ve cleaned up. Whenever he misplaces something ‘check the drawer’ is my first response.

No comments:

Post a Comment