Tuesday 4 November 2014

October purchases


So here is my round-up of purchases in October. This month I needed a maternity top. Something that I could wear to work since at the moment I am finding that one by one my work shirts are no longer fitting properly and I really should consider packing away some shirts and tops this weekend until after baby comes (and maybe even a bit longer as some won’t work for nursing either).

I’ve been avoiding doing this as I really like some of these tops and will be a bit sad to not be able to wear them for the next 9 months or so. I guess it has to happen though as they are just taking up space on my shelves and each time I see them I am reminded of the fact that I can’t wear them anymore.

Currently for work I have 2 shirts that sort of work (fit over bump but not really that flattering). I also have two tops that work. In total I thus have 4 tops I could wear to work, not that much when I consider I have a week and a half washing cycle I have to bridge and summer is coming so tops need more frequent washing (I try to only wash cloths when they are actually dirty or sweaty). I had another white work shirt that was fantastic but I accidently left it at a hotel when we were away for a weekend. They will mail it back to me but with our postal service on strike I have no idea when I will get it back!

So I needed a work appropriate shirt. Given how few cloths I have that work for my figure now it had to be relaxed enough to work as a casual top as well.

  1. Henley top in Light blue. Mr Price R79.95 (it was on sale!)


So far I’ve loved this top! The fabric is kind of thin (I guess that explains why it was so cheap) but it’s comfy and very light to wear. With a camisole underneath I can wear it everywhere. It is also pretty long with an elasticated bit on the bottom so I can pull it very low and it will stay put (which hides the fact that most of my pants don’t actually button up anymore). They only had the light blue when I went which was great since I like the blue and it suits me well (and at the time I hadn’t misplaced my white shirt yet). In fact this top is so great for me now I am thinking about going out and buying a few more in different colours (they also have it in white and coral). That way I can pack away the two current shirts I have that are only so-so.

Getting bigger and not fitting into most of my clothing has given my self-confidence a knock though. I know it’s all for a good reason and not that I am getting fat but it is still hard to not feel a bit disappointed. A friend has suggested starting to wear my hubby’s shirts but that just feels like giving up and will make me feel even worse about myself I think. So I think there might be another maternity top purchase or two in November. Maybe a white top and something pretty in a pastel pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment