Monday 29 July 2013

Day 7


I spent Saturday tidying up again. My boy actually also spontaneously decided to go through his own wardrobe so I was stoked about that. We filled up a few boxes with stuff to donate which he will drop off there this Friday (they were closed over the weekend). We also brought a car load of junk to the recycling depot. We had lots of cardboard and paper to toss.

I will try and keep doing the recycling thing, at least for paper and glass. The depot is quite close to where I work so really no excuse.

So the bedroom is completely finished, or at least the first sweep. I might go back and toss some more stuff in a few weeks’ time depending on how this minimalist thing takes hold. An added plus, now that everything is so clear and has its place I’ve been keeping it that way. It’s quick to fold away some cloths or make the bed now that there’s not so much stuff around.

Sunday was more relaxed and we went to the movies last night. The cinema is at the water front, inside a late night shopping mall. Walking from the parking lot to the cinema was a bit rough. It was hard not to look at the store windows and all the pretty cloths! My boy did not help. He’s finding this all a bit amusing now and was teasing me about things he saw in the windows. Mrgh! I will need to avoid the shops for a bit. Not going out and buying new stuff will be the hardest part of this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment