Wednesday 31 July 2013

Day 9


I took the night off yesterday as I had some other things I wanted to do. After all this whole process is about freeing up more time to do the things you enjoy so I shouldn’t forget about them now. I played squash with a friend and did some coursework after that. Freeing up time will hopefully help towards my studies as well. Anyone who has done any kind of studies while working full-time can tell you it’s exhausting! It’s hard to come home after a full day and start studying as well. I am just really happy my course contains a few small assignments due at regular intervals otherwise I’d probably let it all stack up until right before the actual exam and have a major panic.

Anyway I did continue reading up about minimalism. I find it important to stay motivated since it’s a bit overwhelming. Our bedroom is finished which I am so proud of. The next room I want to tackle is our bathroom. Another reason for tackling this is because of all the toxins I’ve read about, hiding in your products. Now it’s not just about getting rid of junk but about getting rid of harmful products as well.

The Skin Deep Database has a list of over 66 000 cosmetics and ranks them according to the harmfulness of the chemicals they contain, ie 0 = no known harmful effects and 10 = very toxic, avoid. I think I will gather up every product in the bathroom tonight and try to look them up in the database one by one. This will takes ages! I don’t think I will manage them all in one sitting. Hoping I wouldn’t find any that come up too high!

No comments:

Post a Comment