Monday 29 September 2014

And the bump begins ...

Silly me for being so chuffed in my last post that I was not showing yet. This phase is definitely over. I have had to admit that even though I can still, sort of, get away with the old hair tie trick on my jeans, they are just not comfy anymore.

So this weekend, out of necessity, I went shopping. I was looking for big pants (hubby gets unset when I say fat pants). Pants that would sit comfortably around my expanding waistline and would be light enough to last all through the coming summer months.
At Cotton On I hit Jackpot! Love the fact that skinny jeans seem to be out and looser, track suit pant styles seem to be in. These types of pants love my bump. I put on a pair in the changing room and it was immediately so much more comfy than the jeans I was still wearing. So I folded and bought 2 pairs of pants. One is a longer palazzo type in a patterned black print. The pattern is fairly classic so should be almost as re-mixable as solid colour. The second pair is a more fun style. It’s a ¾ track pant with elastic around the bottom so it sits close to the calf and then is baggy up to the waist. It is also patterned, black and white chevron stripes. Oh and another trend that is a happy coincidence for me; a dropped crotch is also in and accepted! This is fortunate as when I tuck pants under my bump the crotch area is lowered and I can either leave it as is or I have to roll-up the elasticated top until crotch area sits in sort-of the right place.

I know I said I wasn’t going to wear black anymore but it seemed all the options were either solid black or patterned. That’s why I went with patterned pants, I thought they would look less sever then sold black.
All in all I spent R449 for both. I am hoping that these two pairs plus the third my hubby bought me (in a dove grey tone) will last me all through the pregnancy.

In fact, I also decided that I was going to stop hiding the bump at work as I was getting annoyed at the shapeless shirts I was wearing (normally I tuck these in and then they are pretty good). So I am now wearing my grey elastic linen pants with a fitted pretty black top (which shows my bump off). I decided to add my black wedge heels to reflect the black of the top and to add a bit more polish so I don’t feel fat but pretty and pregnant.  Since feeling a bit bigger I have also started taking more care with my make-up, hair and jewellery as it helps me feel confident and self-secure despite my growing waistline. It is the first time though that it will be clear to most of my co-workers that I am pregnant so I am a bit apprehensive about that. We’ll see how it goes, at least I feel more comfortable than I have the last couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment