Tuesday 2 September 2014

Summer wardrobe

The last couple of days have been absolutely lovely and warm. Spurred on by our big bedroom clean this weekend I decided the time was right to unpack my summer clothing and put away my winter gear.

I kept most jerseys in my cupboard since they are almost all fairly light and can still function for cooler summer evenings. For now I packed away a thicker winter jacket, some woolly scarfs and hats, my long socks and thermals. I also packed up some of my long sleeve work shirts and one pair of knee-high boots.

I unpacked my summer items and went through them, most seem ok but some need to be ironed before I can wear them again. I also didn’t bother to unpack my bikinis. I thought that by the time it’s warm enough to wear them I’ll probably be showing quite a bit of belly and I am not that comfortable with preggie bellies on display that I would want to show off mine like that. There are also one or two pairs of pants that are getting a bit snug so might pack them up as well in a couple of weeks. I took the opportunity to give my wardrobe a general clean while busy and plan on picking some more lavender from the garden to replace what I have in the cupboard now. I always keep a small cup full of lavender in the cupboard; the smell is supposed to keep moths away and is quite fresh.

Only thing is with my side of the cupboard looking so clear and minimal I am itching to get into hubbies side! His side is overflowing, all items are mixed up (ie shirts, underwear and shorts in one heap) and I know he has quite a few items that are damaged and he doesn’t wear anymore. Gah, He made me promise last year when I started cutting down that I wouldn’t touch his things. I will stick to that, although I find it difficult and will have to just avert my eyes I guess. I am hoping, as with the bedroom clean, he will all of a sudden feel it’s time for a spring clean in his wardrobe as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment