Monday 8 September 2014

August purchases

As mentioned, I want to keep a summary of each month’s purchases to make sure I don’t deviate from my set goals. In August I got the following;

1.       An ice-blue sparkly sweater from Witchery (on sale at R449)

I did have a warm jumper on my wish list for a while. I found most of my jerseys this winter too light meaning I was layering a couple of them and still chilly. I wanted a jersey that was above all warm! On my wish list this was expressed as either a grey hoodie or a warm, slightly embellished grey cardigan. Instead I bought this sweater. It fulfils the warmth criteria and is super soft. It is slightly embellished and I bought it in a slightly larger fit on purpose. The sparkles make it feel fancy but the looser fit means I can get around in more casual settings as well. Love this sweater. The fact that it’s a bit long and loose also covers the start of any bump fantastically. It’s also my first jersey to contain cashmere. The only downside is that I didn’t pay much attention to washing instructions and this is hand wash only. I will need to take better note next time.
 
2.       A pair of linen/cotton blend grey pants with elasticated waist from Earth Addict (a gift)

With it being my birthday this month, hubby wanted to buy me something useful. As I was at the time feeling very bloated and fat (yay pregnancy!) I suggested some looser pants with a more forgiving waistline. They are very light so I think they will come in handy towards spring/summer time. I can fold over the elastic waistline to sit very low across my hips and therefore underneath any expectant bumps.

3.       A pair of plain black flip flops (R24.99 at PicknPay clothing)

Since I am spending more time in the pool at the gym I finally got around to buying some flip flops. These are purely for the gym. I don’t intend to wear them anywhere else and they will live in my gym bag.

So grand total: R474, 3 items

And that’s it! I must admit to spending some time looking for some comfortable metallic flats but I couldn’t find any that were comfy from the get go. I then also reckoned it might not be the best time to buy shoes as everyone says my feet will swell and maybe even permanently change size (also due to baby).
I have also started looking around online as to where I can buy cheapish maternity wear once I need it. As yet I am pretty lucky that at just over 16 weeks I am still not really showing. Below are some items I’ve seen at Mr Price that don’t look too bad and are not expensive. The shirt is R110 (and comes in three shades), the linen pants R130.They also have extra-long Tanks in a wide variety of colours for R50 a pop. Lastly they have a maxi skirt in the non-maternity section with an elasticated waist that might work; it is R100 (and comes in 4 shades, including a lovely mint colour that could look fantastic in the summer).
 
Looking forward into purchases for September I reckon I will continue to put things on hold and see how I progress with my bump. I might have to buy one or two bottoms but am very aware that it’s best not to buy too much up front as everyone’s body changes differently. My mum says she didn’t even look pregnant until she was 4.5 months along so I could possibly get away without any maternity wear for a while still.

No comments:

Post a Comment