Monday 18 November 2013

DIY Peppermint Deodorant



Thursday night I made my own Deo. I started off with a basic recipe I found here. Unfortunately I had to improvise a bit as I did not have all the oils originally called for. Here is my ingredient list:

¼ cup baking Soda
¼ cup Corn flour (same as corn starch)
About 4 tablespoons Coconut oil
½ teaspoon Apricot Kernel oil
6 drops Tea tree oil
10 drops Peppermint oil
2 drops lavender oil
I blended the first 3 ingredients together and ended up adding a bit more soda and flour as I found the mixture not stiff enough (I went for a thick smooth consistency; if it’s too crumbly add coconut oil). Then I added the other oils and mixed it all up with a spoon. I then transferred the mixture to a glass jar. When I added the other oils the mixture went a bit creamier then I had hoped but by the next morning it had set into a fairly solid block. I use it by just dipping a finger in and rubbing it into my armpits. The minty smell is fantastic and it seems to be working very well. I was a bit worried with all the powder in the mixture it would be a bit flaky in my pits or leave a white powdery residue but I’ve not had a problem with this so far. Think the trick is to use only a small amount and rub it in well.

No comments:

Post a Comment