Tuesday 5 November 2013

The outdoors


Last night was the last night with my sister and her husband staying with us. Now everyone is out the house and I am looking forward to having the house uncluttered and just to us and the cat again.

We had dinner outside. I think we should try and stay outside as much as possible throughout the coming summer now. It is pleasant to sit outside and look at the garden and just chat away from any distractions like the computers or TV. She has also organized us an organic vegetable packet every other week. I can go pick-up the first one tomorrow and I am quite curious what will be in it. Me and my husband usually eat a lot of take-away (thank goodness eating out is fairly cheap in SA!), like 4-5 times a week! We’ve been saying for a while that we should cook at home more often and maybe this veggie packet will be a way to stimulate that.

I also went through my closet again and piled up another bunch of cloths. My sister had said she desperately needed new clothing and would take anything I didn’t want any more so that motivated a second purge. I found quite a bit, more actually than I thought I would after my initial purge at the start of August. I also haven’t bought any new clothing items since end July (so on month 4 of my no-buying year!). Proud of myself but dodging my husband at the mo who has said I really ought to buy some new pyjamas. I am currently using my yoga pants with an old T-shirt or a cute set with Hello Kitty (which I think is adorable but he thinks no-one over 16 should be wearing). So I might have to make one exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment