Monday 11 November 2013

Things Ive noticed purging my wardrobe


I’ve been purging my closet every now and then since August and find new stuff to chuck each time. I am also starting to notice more which items I consistently wear and what I don’t.

What I’ve noticed;

·         I love skirts but never seem to wear them! I must have had about 20 pairs, I’ve streamlined this down to two and I am still considering this a lot. Lesson learned: Stop buying skirts!

·         Instead of skirts I wear cropped pants. Not shorts! In fact I seem to avoid wearing anything that falls over the knee (I think I have horribly knobbly knees and prefer to always keep them covered). So I will stop buying shorts as well, but keep a select number of cropped pants (I have a blue, black, white and grey pair so I am quite covered).

·         Do not buy heels more than 4cm high. I have purged almost all my high heels, they are mostly uncomfortable, difficult to drive in and my DH doesn’t like the fact that they make me the same height (or taller!) as him. I did keep one pair of purple studded heels though (because every girl should have at least one pair of killer heels right?)

·         Most of the clothing I wear a lot seems to be in similar shades. The colours I wear a lot: Navy, Fushia, Purple and various shades of blue (a smidge of coral also crept in last summer). I have decided to make these colours the focus of my wardrobe and stop buying items that vary from this standard (besides for black and white). Hopefully simplifying my colour palette will enable me to move towards a more capsule like wardrobe where everything suits everything else.


·         I like slightly puffed out sleeves on T-shirts, wide necks and most Ts I wear a lot are solid colours. I have one or two printed Ts but seem to avoid patterns on my cloths.

·         My style seems to be classic cut but fairly bright (I do love some colour!). I feel most comfortable in modest clothing (not for me plunging necklines and short skirts!) but do not mind wearing tight figure revealing stuff as long as my skin is covered.

Knowing all this it should be easier in future to decide what I need and what I should rather leave in the shop. Maybe I can even split up my colours into a winter and summer palette. My coral for ie are all summer items, whereas most of my purple items translate well to winter outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment