Wednesday 6 November 2013

My Garden


So here’s a pic of my new little garden! I am quite pleased at how it is looking and especially chuffed that I put in the wooden stepping stones (which allow me access everywhere without always having to stand in the dirt, perfect for harvesting something quickly while already dressed for dinner). It is also sloped so I’ve taken care to put rock ridges up to make flattish terraces. Hopefully this will keep the soil from running downhill.
I’ve planted seedlings:
Fennel, Parsley, Oregano, Wild Rocket, Red Basil, Lettuce, Sage, Basil, Coriander, Mint, Thyme
 
Seeds;
Spinach, Water cress, Sunflowers and more basil. Im looking forward to when they pop out and fill in the garden a bit more. Scan the soil everymorning for the first buds!

And discovered some other herbs in the garden (my downstairs neighbour took me around to point them all out): Lavender, Lemon Thyme, Wild rocket (this one really just looks like a weed to me!) and Rosemary.

We have so many herbs in the garden now! I will have to start looking at recipes to use them all. Some I will have to wait awhile to use since the plants are still too small for harvesting, but others like the rosemary and wild rocket are already very established and we can use at will.

I must still find a way to make some name tags. At the moment I am just using bits of cardboard so that I can remember what’s what (since I can’t recognize herbs yet). Will need to move to something more permanent but don’t want to buy anything. Must make a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment