Friday 2 August 2013

Day 11


After starting the bathroom purge (I’m not done yet!) I was wondering what products to replace everything with. I started doing some online research and found out you can make most of it yourself. There are even recipes for shampoo which include only water, baking soda and some essential oil for fragrance. Is it weird for me to doubt the effectiveness of these products? How can that work? It’s so simple. I am willing to give it a go but am also hesitant at the moment because having the wedding coming up I want my tresses looking extra lush (which is why I bought the expensive shampoo). Reckon I’m chickening out of this one. I’ve still got lots of shampoo and will stretch it until the wedding. After that though i will give this baking soda thing a try.

The other item I was reading about is coconut oil and how it has multiple uses around the home. Most interesting for me was as alternative for shaving gel. Not sure if I can get my boy to try this though. Might just nudge him to try it at least once and if no good I can still use it elsewhere. Have no idea where to get this though, it’s not something I’ve ever seen in the supermarket.

And that’s brought me to another annoying realisation. I am still purging but even while I am busy I am thinking about all the stuff I will go out and buy to replace it all with! Ok, given, probably safer stuff, but still stuff. Mrrr its fraustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment