Monday 5 August 2013

Day 14


So another weekend!

I’m so happy to report that the flat is looking much better and I’ve finally gotten more excited/happy about the whole process.

Friday afternoon I dropped off most stuff at a local charity shop that supports an orphanage. So good cause! I had so many boxes and bags to drop off the sales assistant was a bit surprised but happy.

Saturday morning we went hiking and I must admit it was fairly embarrassing as we went with a bunch of hard-core cyclists and runners and I was the only one struggling to get up the mountain! Phew! did make it though and vowed not to do that again anytime soon! It is shocking to realise how unfit you really are. I am, by nature, very slim but that’s not the same as fit! I think the once a week squash is just not cutting it. I’ve now added getting fitter to my list of goals for a better/happier life. Saturday afternoon I slept. I swear I passed out after all the hiking so nothing happened here.

Sunday I was home alone, my boy went cycling. I was feeling great though and got so much done! I cleaned the house, and finally finished the bathroom (it is looking quite empty now!). I also went to our local Wellness Warehouse and bought some coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and green tea as part of my healthier living plan. I then baked some blueberry muffins with coconut oil and honey instead of butter and sugar. They came out really good (even though my boy did burn half of them later! We sometimes store stuff in the oven after baking so our cat doesn’t eat them and he forgot to take them out afterwards when he made a quiche, sad face, so much effort lost).

While searching for the baking powder I also realised what a mess our spice cupboard is in so think kitchen will be the next room on my list (euw mouldy vanilla pods! and everything is sticky). Even got some studying done and loads of laundry since the weather was finally dry. Oh and also sorted out a bin for recyclables. Found a recycle depot close to work that employs disabled people to sort through it which is fantastic since it means I can keep everything for recycling in one bin and they will sort it afterwards. Having a bin for glass, cans, paper etc was not going to work for us. We don’t have the space for multiple bins and at the moment we don’t have the discipline either so this is a great alternative!

Feelings: More motivated, finding that having less is encouraging me to try other new things. Such as the recycling and greening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment