Wednesday 21 August 2013

Futons and Vinegar

The box in the lounge with stuff to gift friends is starting to annoy me. I am tempted to just go and drop it all off at the charity shop as well. I have also gained a tray on my birthday. My mum was determined to get me something for my birthday and in the end since I kept saying I didn’t need anything did it rather sneakily. She bought one I thought looked pretty (which she told me was for at my parents’ house). It then didn’t fit in her suitcase when she was packing up to leave so she gifted it to me. Nicely done! It is a pretty tray though.

I understand about minimalism being hard now! I get constant questions now about our wedding registry. People are sweet to want to buy us stuff though so it’s a bit hard to refuse everything. A zen! Looks like we might be due another purge after the wedding! Most things in my life now seem to have the tagline ‘after the wedding’!

Further news about the shower gel: I added another cup of water, so now it’s almost 1L. The consistency is still gooey and the smell of the lye overpowers the essential oils. As said I’ll use it up and then try again. My boy is not convinced and still prefers his Radox. I also went ahead and bought the essential green cleaning set = white vinegar, Baking soda and Castile Soap. I have my eye on two spray bottles at home that are almost empty. When they are I plan to rinse them out well and use them for a water/vinegar mix and a castile soap cleaner.
Other minimalist news: We have decided to sell our futon. It takes up a lot of space in our small flat and gets used probably about once a year. I figure we can lend a blow-up mattress from friends for the ‘once a year’ that anyone stays over.

No comments:

Post a Comment