Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day 15


Spent last night clearing out the kitchen top cupboards (bottom ones tonight). All in all I was mostly organizing as I didn’t want to get rid of too many glasses. The only exception was our spice cupboard which as mentioned was filthy. I tossed some spices with best before dates way back in 2008!
Actually about 90% of the spice was out of date or unidentifiable. Now we have three glass shakers only; salt, pepper and thyme. Not too fussed since we don’t use much spice and we have some fresh Rosemary and Lavender in the communal garden thanks to some zealous former tenant (we suspect our lemon tree is also a by-product of this person).
I am also getting more excited about the prospect of replacing most of our cosmetics and household products with greener solutions.
I’ve been spending some time on an Aromatherapy website which lists lots of simple recipes. Am keen to try some out! Will start with Laundry detergent and body washes. We have a maid who comes weekly, mostly since we couldn’t settle on who’s turn it was to iron (somehow always mine). She loves bleach and Handy  Andy and VIM. I don’t think it will be very easy to convince her of the other products, I will have to phase them in gently and try and explain to her why I want to use them. This leads me to my first purchase idea in 2 weeks. I received a gift certificate from Faithful to nature it all looks amazing and they deliver by courier to you. I am planning on using it to buy some essential oils so I can start playing around (Lavender, peppermint, Tea Tree, Oregano, Lemon and Eucalyptus). I am motivating the purchase as a benefit for our health and a reduction of our spending on household cleaners.
Will keep you posted how it goes. My boy said last night that he’s a bit scared of what will be next. I wondered why and he said it’s because I was super busy wedding-wise and now that I’m mostly sorted I am super busy cleaning. He said there’s only enough of the flat left for another 3-4 days of cleaning and what then? I guess we will have to wait and see!
(Here a pretty logo I made for myself with some borrowed graphics from weddingchicks)

No comments:

Post a Comment