Tuesday 27 August 2013

Phones :(

This weekend I spent some more time doing a further clean out of my wardrobe. I also arranged everything on the dinner table and took pictures. I am planning to send the pics to friends to see if anyone claims anything before I take it to the charity shop.
It’s also my last week on Facebook since I’ve decided to quit. I need to spend some time this week, noting down any details I want to keep (ie some birthday dates and some pictures) and then I will cut it :). I watched a video yesterday which showed some people constantly on their phone, to the extent that they were missing out on other stuff. I liked that I am not like that. My phone has no BBM, Whats App or internet access. At work and when I’m driving I leave it in my handbag and usually don’t even hear it. I refuse to pick up while driving, nothing is that urgent. I have also resisted a hands-free set, I do not want to call while I am in the car. Driving is my own time, I need it to prepare mentally for the day or to unwind. When I am out with friends my phone  also doesn’t leave my handbag. There’s not much worse after all than trying to have a conversation with someone trying to post twitter feeds while you’re busy! One of my pet peeves, if you’re talking to me please look at me and not your phone. The fact that your constantly looking makes me feel like you are not interested in me and could care less what I have to say.
Glad my boy is also not as attached to his phone. He does occassional murmer that he would like to get an iPhone so we will see how that goes. I've already made it clear I am not buying him one for his upcoming birthday (after he kept droppping hints).

No comments:

Post a Comment