Monday 12 August 2013

Resolutions


I’ve been reading up about resolutions and how to stick to them. Everything states that it is important to define your goals and try and set measurable ones instead of a vague ‘eat healthier’ for ie. I’ve tried to do that and here they are;

Health:

·         Drink more water – at least 3 glasses with lemon juice and 1 with Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey every day.

·         Drink less alcohol – Confine week drinking to 2 units max. Weekend limit to one unit per hour. Drink at least one non-alcoholic (water, ginger ale) for every 2 units consumed

·         Eat less refined sugar – No sugar in my tea and using Honey everywhere I can as a substitute.

·         Eat breakfast – this is a big one for me! I’ve been skipping breakfast since I was 15

·         Exercise more often – Squash once a week. Gym once a week and 2 x 30min walks each week. Try and make one of those walks up the steep incline in our neighbourhood (I want to use that as a measure, I can hardly make it up now so hopefully I will see this improving with time).

Happiness:

·         Paint more – Try for 1 hour a week

·         Read more – Also try an hour a week

·         Develop new hobbies – at the moment I am keen to try out all these essential oils

·         Watch less TV – Limit this to 3 hours a week (my guilty pleasure is Shameless 3, the American version, love this!)

·         Get a house plant – I am thinking of Lilies at the moment, they are fairly easy to keep, are pretty and help to detoxify your air. Don’t stress when it dies (they invariably do in our flat). Another alternative is Aloe which is even easier to keep alive.

Live simply:

·         Reduce chemical use – I would like to have replaced at least 80% of our cosmetics and cleaning products with non-toxic, green stuff by the end of the year. Goal to be free of all toxic chemicals by May 2014.

·         Recycle – Start with Paper, Glass and cans, none of these can end up in our normal trash anymore. Gradually work in plastic as well.

·         Declutter – Mostly done. Make it a mission to stay on top of this though.

·         Less social media - quit Facebook, I’ve already posted on my wall that I’ll be leaving at the end of August.

This weekend I tried them all out. The alcohol one went out the window. It was destined to since the whole purpose of the weekend was to sample every wine on our wedding venues list and decide which we wanted. The reading and art though were sorted. I spent quite a bit of time on both and enjoyed doing some sketches. Every time I draw I always say after, that was great I should do that more often! We also spent the whole long weekend tech-free, we didn’t even put any music on. Instead we built a fireplace, read, cycled and played board games.

No comments:

Post a Comment