Thursday 22 August 2013

The slump

Wow, this is hard. I seem to be running out of steam and feel like I’ve taken on a bit too much at the moment. I’m still keen to simplify but just don’t seem to have the time or energy! Terrible I know since one of the reasons for less clutter is more free-time! Work is insane at the moment, not just in quantity but in emotional stress. They are finally mobilising to fire my drunk/abusive/sleeping colleague but I’m taking a lot of flank from him at the moment since I am the only one in office with him. A zen zen zen zen......

Anyway I must remember to breath every now and then, I will be so much happier when he’s gone at least. Also sorting out accommodation for everyone at our wedding plus travel plans to another wedding so all a bit much. Tonight I’m busy again but Friday I will take off from everything! Have a day completely free of email (at least after work) tv, friends, weddings and cleaning. I plan to plonk down on the sofa when I get home and dive into a new book. I am actually really looking forward to that!
 
De-cluttering will continue this weekend. I also hit a stop because general clutter is out of sight so I feel better. There are still a few cupboards that I haven’t done yet. I’ve also started making a list of more stuff that needs to go. It includes our vacuum; we have a large industrial one that doesn’t fit in any of the cupboards so it sits in a corner of the lounge and has been annoying me for almost 2 years now! I will finally bite the bullet and buy a smaller one that I can pack away (my fiancés reasoning always being we don’t need to buy one, we already have one!). Nuts to that! I want it gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment